Beginner Rock Climbing
A perfect course for those looking to get a taste of rock climbing in a fun safe environment while setting solid foundational skills with which to build more advanced climbing skills.
*This course does not require any prior experience.
Topics Covered Include:
- An intro to proper belaying techniques with a variety of commonly used belay devices.
- An overview of commonly used knots in rock climbing.
- Decipher the secret language of climber jargon.
- Setting outdoor top ropes off bolted anchors.
- How to navigate climbing areas and guidebooks.
- Dispelling common climbing myths and rumors.
- An overview of commonly used climbing equipment.
All necessary climbing equipment will be provided by Bluegrass Climbing School for this course.